Welcome to the official UWM Atmospheric Sciences Club website! We hope this website serves as a useful resource for club members and visitors. Currently our club has 15-25 active members who share an enthusiasm for the atmospheric sciences and participate in club activities. The purpose of the club is to provide a way to meet others who share a passion for meteorology, as well as enhancing the educational experience of our members. Below is a list of some "Quick Facts" about the club. If you would like more detailed information, please click on the link to the right labeled "General Information." Thanks for visiting our site and we would love for you to become our next member!
- The majority of club members are Atmospheric Sciences majors, however we see members come from non-science majors such as Anthropology and Broadcasting.
- We have various activities throughout the year, such as brat sales, guest speakers, and social events.
- All members have the opportunity to compete in the Weather Challenge (a national forecasting competition).
- Many club members participate in the Greater Milwaukee Chapter of the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
- A few select members may have the opportunity to attend the annual AMS conference.
- Every spring, the club embarks on the annual storm chase where participants get to test their forecast skills in the Great Plains.
- President - Alec Muniz
Contact Info: email@example.com
- Vice-President - Dylan Turner
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Mackenzie Nuthals
Contact Info: email@example.com
- Secretary - Sam Kuffel
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site is currently maintained by Alec Muniz. If you have any questions or comments you may email me at email@example.com. You may also check out the club's Facebook page. Note: The photos shown in the banner above were taken by (from left to right): Brock Burghardt, Chris Spannagle, Brock Burghardt, 2000 storm chase Team 2, and Jacob Gajewski.